Forensic accounting is the specialty practice area of accountancy that describes engagements that result from actual or anticipated disputes or litigation. Financial forensic engagements may fall into several categories, including economic damages calculations, post-acquisition disputes, bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, and business valuation.
Our certified forensic accountants use their accounting and auditing skills to analyze financial records in conjunction with dispute resolutions, as well as fraud and theft investigation. Our damage measurement methods can determine the extent of financial loss and illegal accounting practices.
McNair & Associates offers a wide range of services in the area of Federal and State taxation. We provide consultation regarding the tax implications of business transactions, as well as tax planning, preparation, and return for all states. We ensure you’re compliant with regulations while paying the lowest amount of tax legally required by the IRS’s guidelines.
We provide tax services for corporations, individuals, partnerships, limited liability companies, and estates and trusts for both “for profit” and “non-profit” entities.
IRS Representation / Lower your IRS Debt
When it comes to resolving tax problems with the IRS, there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. Our approach to solving your tax issues will be to gather all pertinent facts, apply our knowledge of IRS audit and/or collection rules and tax law, and develop an individually tailored strategy for you. We do this because your particular case is unique and must be carefully evaluated in order to get the best end result.
Our team is comprised of experienced CPAs with over 75 years of combined experience dealing with the IRS and solving tax and financial problems. We deal with the IRS on a regular basis and, as a result, we understand the rules and are efficient and qualified to meet with the IRS on your behalf.
5 Step Plan to Success
Historically, we would operate like a traditional CPA firm with billings per hour. However, we have been switching many of the clients over to our new focus as a company.
The majority of our projects are now on a flat fee basis and the type of work we are doing has become more specialized. Below is a sample of the services we offer to our business customers where the owner is looking to grow their top and bottom line, while also allowing us to help make the business accountable to the owners financial needs and as well as in alignment with their goals.
Business Owner’s Plan – A 5 Step Plan to Success
Step One – Proactive Tax Planning
- Business tax returns
- Business tax planning analysis
- Meeting re potential business tax planning solutions
- Basic monthly bookkeeping
- Compiled monthly financial statements
- Reviewed annual financial statements
Step Two – Cash flow management / Accounting Support
- Cash Flow Analysis (15-20 page report)
- Expense analysis, recommendation and minimization study
- Vendor Contract Review
- Available for accounting questions
- Business / Financial Statement System Health Report
Step Three – Owner planning / Concierge accounting
- Owner's personal tax returns
- Personal financial statements
- Same page meeting with your financial advisor / attorney
- Financial Legacy AssessmentTM (24 point report)
- Tax Audit Protection
Step Four – Acquisition and/or Exit Strategy
- Compile list of potential acquisition candidates
- Participate in financial due diligence on acquisition candidates
- Negotiations of potential acquisitions
- Report of current and steps to maximizing the value on a sale
Step Five – Strategic Planning
- Forensic Fraud Analysis and Risk Assessment
- Attendance at annual owner meetings
- Attendance at quarterly review and planning meetings
- Annual Budget Planning Meetings